Wednesday 14 May 2014

Construction Update - Week 9 - Brickwork

So, I am back again after a week working overseas and I am finally catching up with everything, including progress on the house.  These pictures were taken last Friday (I am writing this the following Thursday), but show progress at the end of Week 9 of construction of our Wembley 35.
 
As you can see, the lower storey brickwork is all but done.  One of the things that is now visible is the "off white" mortar we chose as an option for our house's brickwork.  We wanted this to create a more classical appearance for the house's façade.  Maybe not to everyone's taste, but we like it.
 
Our site supervisor believes that we will be at lock-up at the end of next week - will wait and see.
 
From the front
 
From the Front
 
From the Rear
 
From the Rear
 
Front Entrance

2 comments:

  1. Wow looking great, we have changed our mortar to off white now... There goes another grand!

    Hope you get lock up next week

    Adam :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the off-white mortar is a bit more expensive. But my philosophy during this whole process is that don't just I want a great house to live inside of - I want a house that makes me smile as I turn into the driveway. That's why the façade was always very important to us.

    ReplyDelete