Saturday 3 May 2014

Anyone Out There?

Hi,
 
Sorry, but I don't really have an update this week because I have been travelling overseas, so I have not had the opportunity to go and visit the site.
 
My wife had a call from the site supervisor, who let us know that he envisages we will be at lock-up within two weeks, which suggests to me that brickwork is well underway.
 
I would love to find out if anyone is following this blog.... leave a comment or message if you are.  I'm not fishing for comments here, but one of the things about running a blog is you never know if anyone is actually reading what you put up, or if you are just shouting in an empty room (so to speak).
 
I am visiting the site next Friday, so I will give an update of progress next weekend.

5 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I am following this blog, we are about to start building the wembley in June. We love it! Good luck with your build and I will enjoy hearing your progress

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for the comment and good luck with your build.

      Delete
  2. What brick did you choose? Or are you rendering? We choose melbourne Canterbury! Look forward to seeing your bricked home on here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, thanks for the comment - we have aimed for a more classical look, so have gone for the Oakville façade. Our bricks are "Homestead Red Gum", with off-white mortar. For the roof, we have gone for "Barramundi". I will put up a post in the next week or so with a listing of all of the modifications and selections we made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm following this blog from the far future! We are looking to start building with PD and it is really interesting to read everything here.

    ReplyDelete