Monday 18 August 2014

Construction Update - Week 23 - Floors, Garage Doors and More

So I snuck over to the house this weekend to see if there was anything to report and, boy, did I get a surprise.  After a couple of quieter weeks, a lot has been happening over the last 7 days.

First thing I saw was the garage door, which I think looks great.  I recall this being an upgrade at our selections appointment, and in my opinion it looks really good.  Other exterior changes are:
  • The final render coat has been applied to the façade
  • The timber window frames have been stained
  • The in-fill above the bi-fold doors has been completed
But it was the interior, where I had the biggest surprise - we have flooring.  The carpet has been laid upstairs and the timber flooring has been laid downstairs.  Additionally:
  • The staircase has been stained
  • The bath has been installed and fitted off
I am also pleased to report that the plumbing in the downstairs powder room has finally been fixed and we have the mixer we originally selected.

We have had a message from our site supervisor today, wanting to book in an appointment for the final inspection - it could be as early as this Friday.

Here are the pics


From the Front

From the Front

From the Rear

From the Rear, with Chuggalugs photo-bombing

Upstairs area with carpet - the fluoro tags are markers where things need to be fixed

Our bath is installed

Rear Bi-folds are finished and stained

The Powder-Room Plumbing is finally fixed
 
The staircase has been stained, but it looks as though one of the hand-rails is going to be removed...









Finally, following a comment on my previous post, I did a search for the Wembley 35 on the Porter Davis web-site.  Sure enough, the Wembley 35 page is gone, so it looks as though the house is not being offered any more.  There is no question it's a great design, so I can only assume they have more profitable products to offer clients nowadays.



4 comments:

  1. Congrats, been great following your journey, please let us know how u get on with your driveway, blinds etc, good luck! Your place looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I have to confess that I am pretty happy with how the façade and interior looks, especially considering we (like you) bought off the plan. My plan is keep this blog running post hand-over until... well, until I get bored I guess. From your previous comments, sounds like your build is progressing quickly. Hope it is going well.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The place has really come together well, and the journey seemed to go well for you! You will probably just get busy moving in rather than get bored of posting. Thanks for letting us follow your journey, I reacon we are lucky we got in time to build the amazing wembley... We are now half bricked at week six. All seems to be going along fast!! All the best adam

    ReplyDelete