Thursday 7 August 2014

Construction Update - Week 21 - Some More Issues

Last weekend I had a chance to spend a bit of time on the site, going through in a bit of detail where everything is at and getting a feel for the sorts of fixes that we will probably be asking for.  In fairness to Porter Davis, I am posting this before raising these issues with them, so I figure at least some of them may be being fixed in due course.

We have had no update on the Powder Room tap dramas and, as usual, we are having our calls ignored by our building co-ordinator. So I'm not really sure what is happening on that front.
 
As with my previous post on mistakes and issues, I am ranking this from major to meh, based on how much I think this will get in the way of us enjoying the house.
 
I posted previously the challenges of the external laundry door - that tops the list of new issues.  The list I made on the weekend had about thirty items in the end, but most are minor.  So here are a few highlights.
 
Crack in Kitchen Island Bench
There is a 20cm crack in the kitchen bench extending from the corner of the sink.


Not sure how clearly this will show in the photo, but here is the crack...
 
Most of our Timber Windows are Jammed or Stiff
We have timber windows installed on all of the front-facing windows and all downstairs windows.  Half of them do not open at the moment and the other half are very stiff.  Interestingly (and perhaps unsurprisingly) the aluminium window frames used in the upstairs rear of the house are all fine.
 
 
Exterior Tap Fail
This is the definition of Fail.  We have an exterior tap mounted on the wall near the Laundry door.  I noticed a problem on the weekend, which is best summed up by viewing the video below.

 
 Seriously, if I try to articulate my frustration at this, I am going to sound like a crazy person
 
Range-Hood Vent Gaps in Cornice
This is one of those things that I suspect will get corrected in due course (at least I hope so)
 

 
 
Unfinished Roof
Again, one of those things I expect is going to get finished off in due course.

This is the roof over the Alfresco (and in case my wife is reading this, no honey, I did not climb onto the roof.  This shot is taken through the upstairs toilet window).

Door to Garage is not Hung Correctly
There is a 10mm gap between the doorframe and the door.  This is visible in the picture below.
 
This is a 10mm gap between the frame and the door...
 
The fitting on the Bi-Fold Doors has not been installed correctly
Again, a video sums this up better than words.  Actually, it seems minor in the video.  But the problem here is that the fitting is already starting to wear, just through the casual use of the door.
 
 
 
The Termite Protection Pipes are Exposed
This is something that I might need to address as part of the landscaping once we have the keys.  The termite gas pipes (or whatever the technical term is) are exposed around the alfresco.
 

I think these orange pipes are supposed to be covered...
 

Crappy Exterior Tap Fittings
Look at the rusted, dented wall-plate on this tap.  Both exterior taps are the same.
 
 
 
Gap Between Splashback and Kitchen Bench-top
This just needs filling and, again, may be fixed in due course.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment