Tuesday 14 October 2014

Finishing Update #2 - Plantmark

Quick post!

I forgot to mention in my previous post, that one of the things we have done since taking ownership is check out Plantmark, who are a trade nursery that Porter Davis have a relationship with.  Apparently, being a trade nursery, they do not normally deal directly with the public.  However, through the relationship with Porter Davis, clients can go there and buy plants. 

We went on a promotional day when they were encouraging Porter Davis clients to come.  However, I got the impression that you could pretty much turn up whenever you want and they will do business.

They have a couple of locations and we went to the site in Thomastown.  I have to say we were pretty impressed.  I won't say that the GST-inclusive prices are that much cheaper than, say, Bunnings.  However, being a full-blown nursery, the range that they have is vast and (unlike Bunnings) we will be able to stock our entire garden from them.

So we will be returning once our landscaping is done to buy plants I would recommend this as a place to go for anyone finishing a Porter Davis house.

It is a big place...
 
with a big range of plants...

... and los of other stuff...
 

... and the prices seem to be pretty good.





1 comment:

  1. Hi James, not sure if you still look at this blog but I've been reading through it over the past week or so as we're looking at a PD house ourselves. I just wanted to say thanks as it has been very useful. Trust you're still enjoying it and the landscapings looking great. Rgds James

    ReplyDelete