Monday 7 April 2014

Construction Update - Week 4 - Framing

Looks like the carpenters have been busy and it is very exciting to see the second storey of the frame going up.  Nothing much else to report, except I think I spotted the first mistake.  Not sure for certain, but I suspect having a sewerage outlet buried underneath the slab is not something that was planned.

Check out this friendly exchange of emails to Porter Davis.

"Hi
By way of introduction, I am Marina's husband and I am hoping you (or you can point me in the direction of someone who) can help me with a basic question.
In looking at the framing for the downstairs powder room, I was unable to figure out how the toilet would be plumbed.  I presume that the inbound cistern will be plumbed through the wall.  However (see photo) I am unclear how the waste plumbing will work as there does not appear to be an outlet roughed-in into the slab.
 I am not an expert in these things, but can you confirm that everything is ok?
Kind Regards
James"


"Hi James
Thank you for your email and rest assured there are no dumb questions in construction
I double checked the photo and have spoken to [your site supervisor] also, the actual waste point is there, but the top is covered slightly with concrete when the boys were smoothing out the slab surface.
I hope this helps to clarify the matter and please don’t hesitate to ask myself or [your site supervisor] any other (big or small) question in the future.
Have a great day.
Regards"
 
 
 

Here are the latest pics...

Frame from the Front
 
Frame from the Rear
 
Frame from the Rear

The Living Room and entrance to the Rumpus Room
 
 
Kitchen and Dining Area
 
 
Alfresco
Looking down the hallway towards the front entrance
 

Upstairs Master Bedroom

Downstairs Powder Room - I can see the outlet for the vanity,
but where is the outlet for the toilet!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment